Sunday 13 March 2011

Evaluation Question 6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?
In the process of constructing the product I have learnt many things as it was a new experience for me educationally and personally as I've never been involved in any filming. In production, the camera we used was a Canon Legria HD, this was especially effective for our torture scenes as it provided us with the ability to capture detail when filming close up in difficult lighting. One problem that we did face however, was the use of the dolly when filming the protagonist walking on the pavements, this produced an unsteady video which blurred and shaked when we tested it so we decided not to use it and instead walked alongside the protagonist.
Once we had filmed all our scenes we used Final Cut Express on the Apple iMac to edit all of our footage and put together our product. It was my first time using any editing software, so it was a new experience. I believed I picked it up quickly and can say that I can use a variety of the a editing tools competently. To create our soundtrack we used GarageBand, again this was a new experience, much of which was trial and error and although it was quite time consuming I managed to acquire the skill to use it effectively and spot certain sounds that created suspense and tension which was a much needed factor for our product.

No comments:

Post a Comment